CBA Teams in the making

[dv8]OrangWuTang

Editiert 30. April 2016 - 18:49 von [dv8]OrangWuTang
Hi everyone!

I wasnt quite sure of whether I should make a topic or not but I decided to make one, so you can leave your opinion and/or suggestions here.

What is CBA Teams?

Some of you know that Im the guy who has improved several maps to make Random Ladder better, including three Teams versions (Archer Blood, Radical Blood and CBX). That means regardless of which colors your allies and opponents have, they will always be next to you or on the opposite side. No more bad spots, no more isolated players. More balance.

For CBA that means in 4v4 games there will always be p1/p3/p5/p7 vs p2/p4/p6/p8. The colors will vary of course, so for example you might end up having yellow on the player 7 spot if the teams are blue/red/green/yellow vs teal/purple/grey/orange. Its one thing people will need to get used to as it might be confusing for players who are used to the standard colors+spots.

But wait, there is more! :P The three Teams versions I made for Random Ladder only work with two teams and since CBA is not only played with two teams but also FFA or even something else once in a while I had to figure out something. That means the CBA Im making will be working like this:
Free for all = Everyone will be on the old spots
1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 = Teams will be left side (1+3+5+7) vs right side (2+4+6+8 )
2v2v2, 2v2v2v2 = Teams will be put in corners (1+3, 2+4, 5+7, 6+8 )
Everything else = old spots

There is one interesting side effect I noticed the other day. You will be able to freely pick the color you want to play. That means you can also play as purple if youre the host for example(assumed that player 6 is willing to give up his color). You will then play as purple on the p1 spot instead of on the p6 spot. The other thing which is more important in my opinion is that recoloring will no longer be necessary. Saves time and trouble.

Why am I making this?

CBA is still by far my favorite CS map and its sad to see the player base slowly diminish. Hero is taking over the majority of the lobby even though that map is garbage in my opinion. Its campy, has more weight on civs than CBA, its imbalanced, it focuses on kills too much which barely gives you any other ways to play the map. Thats why I am making this version only for CBA and not for Hero to try and make the CBA community grow again.

Is that all?
No its not. There will be a few improvements along with the side v side version. For example there will be a kill counter which accurately counts your kills. Not in steps of 25 or 10 or 5 but accurately on spot instead.

Ive also had a look at T3nchys CBA thread where he had a few features in progress that could be added in future versions such as goths being able to stone wall outside their base. I dont know which of those features he had listed there will find their way into the CBA Im making, but one or the other will make it for sure.

At last I have also improved the look of the map itself a bit (I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but Im sure most of you if not all will agree). Before you had the cliffs somewhere around the bases which looked kind of weird to me with the water in between and the ice as edges. With the aokts its possible to change the positions of the cliffs so I was able to align them to the map itself and if you dont pay close attention then you wont notice that at some spot two cliffs are overlapping. I dont know how well that looks with other cliffs such as the HD version ones. It looks pretty cool with the retail cliffs though I find.

(click to enlarge)
[You must login to view link]
Link | Antworten | Zitieren
 Faravahar

Geschrieben 30. April 2016 - 18:50
A map I can support you on. ;1thumbup
 ['RB']Dan

Geschrieben 30. April 2016 - 18:58
but it still has snow
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Geschrieben 30. April 2016 - 19:03
I know youre the natural enemy of snow and ice but there is a reason for the snow in the bases Dan. The spots where your unique units spawn are ice so that you cant build walls on it. And to make it not look weird with some random ice spots in your base there is snow around it.
 ['RB']Dan

Geschrieben 30. April 2016 - 19:05
thats fine it just gives me a reason not to play cba till its removed
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Geschrieben 30. April 2016 - 19:10
You wouldnt even play it if there were no ice or snow ;glare
 [ Epic_]shankks_

Geschrieben 30. April 2016 - 19:25
maaa ki chuuuu

nice one
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Geschrieben 30. April 2016 - 19:27
nice work as usual ;good
 ['RB']Dan

Editiert 30. April 2016 - 19:36 von ['RB']Dan
You wouldnt even play it if there were no ice or snow ;glare

http://www.voobly.com/profile/view/123542726/Ratings/games/profile/123542726/16

i played till snow was added by pine ;stick
 MethodMann

Geschrieben 30. April 2016 - 19:51
Dont like it. I like everything random spots/teams/civs everything.
 [7th]BeNzY

Geschrieben 30. April 2016 - 19:58
+1
gj
 bukayosaka

Geschrieben 30. April 2016 - 20:53
Stupid and gay 10/10
 [_MD_]DaGhostInside

Geschrieben 30. April 2016 - 21:24
that makes no sense if its not same civ, leave cba alone or you're just removing a lot of its strategy away.
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Geschrieben 30. April 2016 - 21:37
I believe this will just be an additional CBA map to pick from... the option to play CBA with all fair spots is there... or the option to let random luck decide the spots is there depending on what the host wants.
 WuTanG_ClaN

Geschrieben 30. April 2016 - 22:46
Seems nice man!! looks great

gj

[1]234567
Zeigt an 1 - 15 de 102 Beiträge
Springe zu Forum:
1 User sind betrachten gerade diesen Eintrag (on den letzten 30 Minuten)
0 Mitgleider, 1 Gäste

过去一周最活跃的帖子: