New Version of CBA Hero

[XceL]Donnie

Gruppe: Gold Mitgliedschaft
Beigetreten am: 9. Dezember 2008
Editiert 12. Oktober 2017 - 15:52 von [XceL]Donnie
I'm almost finished with a new version of CBA Hero. The main difference between the two maps is the kill rewards. I picked these heroes to keep it similar to the original, but the added melee heroes should avoid long camp games. Please give me feedback on the units/upgrades.

Edit:
100 Kills - Sieur Bertrand (8 AP) -- 10 seconds to spawn 40 limit
200 Kills - Archer of the Eyes -- 5 seconds to spawn
250 Kills - Archer of the Eyes (+20 HP) -- 5 seconds to spawn
300 Kills - Charlemagne (100 HP) -- 7 seconds to spawn
350 Kills - Rams +5 melee armor
350 Kills - Charlemagne (+1 Range 100 HP) -- 7 seconds to spawn
400 Kills - Robin Hood
500 Kills - Scythian Scout (100 HP - 0/1 armour)
600 Kills - Harald Hardraade
650 Kills - Rams +10 melee armor
700 Kills - Harald Hardraade (+1 Range)
800 Kills - Charles Martel
850 Kills - Rams +15% Speed +15% Health
1000 Kills - Genghis Khan
1500 Kills - Super Robin (+19AP + 250HP +1 Range)
1500 kills - Trebuchets re-enabled at castles (+200 HP)
2000 Kills - Super Charles Martel (+25AP + 150HP +1 Range)
2500 Kills - Rams +25 melee armor +25% Speed +15% Health
2500 Kills - Super Genghis Khan (+30AP + 300HP +1 Range)
3000 Kills - Super Genghis Khan (+40AP + 300HP +1 Range +20% Attack rate + 15% Speed)
3500 Kills - Super Genghis Khan (+50AP + 300HP +1 Range +15% Attack rate + 15% Speed)

Britons - Castle Age: 300 kills, Imp. Age: 550 kills
Chinese - Castle Age: 250 kills, Imp. Age: 550 kills
Persians - Castle Age: 300 kills, Imp. Age: 650 kills
Spanish - Castle Age: 300 Kills, Imp. Age, 650 Kills
Turks - Castle Age: 300 kills, Imp. Age: 650 kills
Teutons - Castle Age: 250 kills, Imp. Age: 450 kills
Franks - Castle Age: 250 kills, Imp. Age: 500 kills
Mayans - Castle Age: 250 Kills , Imp. Age: 550 Kills
Koreans - Castle Age: 300 Kills, Imp. Age; 550 Kills
Goths - Castle Age: 250 kills, Imp. Age: 400 kills
Byzantines - Castle Age: 300 kills, Imp. Age: 550 kills

War Wagons decreased size from .45 to .3 (Archer is .2, knight is 2.5)
Villagers decreased size from .2 to .1
10 Siege Ram garrison capacity
1500 kills - Trebuchets re-enabled at castles (+200 HP)
Link | Antworten | Zitieren
 [Dvs_]Emissary_

Gruppe: Standard Mitgliedschaft
Beigetreten am: 25. Juli 2008
Geschrieben 8. Oktober 2017 - 23:51
Would be interested to know the reasoning behind the hero choices and doubling up on them... if it's some gameplay you think will work, because it does seem a little curious at first glance...

However putting in Charlemagne is a nice touch as with the Scouts and the first one, they will help balance against OP ram attacks..
 [XceL]Donnie

Geschrieben 9. Oktober 2017 - 00:02
Would be interested to know the reasoning behind the hero choices and doubling up on them... if it's some gameplay you think will work, because it does seem a little curious at first glance...

However putting in Charlemagne is a nice touch as with the Scouts and the first one, they will help balance against OP ram attacks..

Yeah that was my reasoning for adding in the melee heroes. In the regular version if you're full archer civs vs goths you're ****ed over, but with 100 kills as a knight hero you can possible survive now.

I think the mid game ram spam when people first reach castle is just as bad as late game where if you get stuck with only archer units you get pushed back too easily. Charlemagne will be a mid game charles martel and then late game you will have another set of super martel to keep ram vs archer vs melee balanced.
 [XceL]joZif_BADMON

Beigetreten am: 28. Mrz 2012
Geschrieben 9. Oktober 2017 - 00:19
Don't think SGK is that good - might be a downgrade on Super Charles. Give Super Charles a movement speed bonus. Stats on Sieur Bertrand and Scyth Scout? Too lazy to check
 [xCs]Buchethead

Beigetreten am: 4. Mrz 2013
Geschrieben 9. Oktober 2017 - 00:20
A good idea for cba hero is removing those 4 bbts on each base, all another things are OK
 [XceL]Donnie

Editiert 9. Oktober 2017 - 00:24 von [XceL]Donnie
Don't think SGK is that good - might be a downgrade on Super Charles. Give Super Charles a movement speed bonus. Stats on Sieur Bertrand and Scyth Scout? Too lazy to check

Yeah I'll probably adjust the super units around some to make them fit better.

Sieur berrand
12 ap
2/2 armor
120 hp

Scyth Scout
10 AP
2/8 armor
90 HP

Scyth scout might end up being too weak coming after Charlemagne not sure.
 [0z]RAJPUT__

Beigetreten am: 4. Juli 2014
Geschrieben 9. Oktober 2017 - 11:09
in late games no will be able to push because of charles.
 Novaya__

Beigetreten am: 15. Oktober 2011
Geschrieben 9. Oktober 2017 - 22:52
I don't know but switching between Super Khans and Super Martels every X amount of kills (say 200) might keep Martels from preventing pushes with Khans.
 +[MM]jason

Gruppe: Tournament Host
Beigetreten am: 13. Juni 2013
Geschrieben 9. Oktober 2017 - 23:26
Yuck
 +mich@voobly

Gruppe: VGaming Lead
Beigetreten am: 11. Juli 2009
Editiert 10. Oktober 2017 - 00:14 von +mich@voobly
I think scouts should be after archer/eyes. Maybe just less powerful to fit the balance in between archer of eyes & Charlemagne. I would make robins a bit stronger though if they were pushed further in kills.
the Scouts and the first one, they will help balance against OP ram attacks..
A good idea for cba hero is removing those 4 bbts on each base, all another things are OK

Disagree. They help avoid an easy rush. This is what separates Hero from regular CBA imo.
 +[MM]jason

Gruppe: Tournament Host
Beigetreten am: 13. Juni 2013
Geschrieben 10. Oktober 2017 - 01:15
My friend [MM]Zix is compiling a list of heroes based on strength it would be worth looking at.
 IaM__WraTH

Beigetreten am: 14. Dezember 2012
Geschrieben 10. Oktober 2017 - 09:53
I think the reason cba hero has serviced so long is due to it's completeness and refinement in terms of structure. Yes you can get a bad hand of civ, however this is part of the fun. Do you want to change the game for voobly entirely or have a seperate game and seperate rate, I ask this for knowledge of your intentions?

IMO I like subtle changes but not so many incorporated heroe's as it will take away the basics tactics of the game, even though camping is disliked, it is a strategy, something that does not work out to often at best, this is why I don't care less about campers.

Just my 2 cents. Opinions?
 ['RB']nhoobish

Beigetreten am: 8. August 2010
Geschrieben 10. Oktober 2017 - 10:02
IaM__WraTH wrote:
I think the reason cba hero has serviced so long is due to it's completeness and refinement in terms of structure. Yes you can get a bad hand of civ, however this is part of the fun. Do you want to change the game for voobly entirely or have a seperate game and seperate rate, I ask this for knowledge of your intentions?

IMO I like subtle changes but not so many incorporated heroe's as it will take away the basics tactics of the game, even though camping is disliked, it is a strategy, something that does not work out to often at best, this is why I don't care less about campers.

Just my 2 cents. Opinions?

CBA Hero is a variation of CBA, CBA is a variation of CBs, CBs are variations of Bloods. They all belong in the same category anyway, so I does not matter what his intentions are, he simply is broadening the field and adding more options.

Sure, camping can be a strategy, but the reason why a lot of people ever started playing CS over RM is because of the fast paced games, you can enjoy multiple games in one hour and this generally thought of when designing competitive type scenarios.
 IaM__WraTH

Beigetreten am: 14. Dezember 2012
Editiert 10. Oktober 2017 - 11:01 von IaM__WraTH
So you think it will be a varient once again? That was not my question, my question was relating to his title of CBA Hero Update, not varient. If it is indeed a varient then so be it, it is a different line of CB. However, if it is just an updated version i think it will detract from the game of "CBA Hero".

CB is diverse, it can be fast pace and slow at time's depending on the map. CB varities have always been a steady game. If you want fast pace stick to Blood's.
 ['RB']nhoobish

Beigetreten am: 8. August 2010
Geschrieben 10. Oktober 2017 - 14:57
IaM__WraTH wrote:
So you think it will be a varient once again? That was not my question, my question was relating to his title of CBA Hero Update, not varient. If it is indeed a varient then so be it, it is a different line of CB. However, if it is just an updated version i think it will detract from the game of "CBA Hero".

CB is diverse, it can be fast pace and slow at time's depending on the map. CB varities have always been a steady game. If you want fast pace stick to Blood's.

Donnie is not in charge of the Voobly Map pack (atleast not anymore), so whatever he creates is simply a variant and an additional option, it would be up to community and actual map pack moderators to rate this or use it to replace the current version of CBA Hero.

[1]23
Zeigt an 1 - 15 de 34 Beiträge
Springe zu Forum:
2 User sind betrachten gerade diesen Eintrag (on den letzten 30 Minuten)
0 Mitgleider, 2 Gäste