I miss the old days

SuNo_DeHuN

Geschrieben 9. Januar 2012 - 23:23
they should have never thrown this game of msn gaming zone.
this game lost a lot of gamers/competitive organisations/clans

there is no rts like the conquerors
Link | Antworten | Zitieren
 Jabrawlter

Geschrieben 16. Januar 2012 - 06:55
i totally agree with you dude that game ruined alot of good old games like Motor City Online best racing game ever thought off MMORPG"racing" game.. wow really fun game and then EA wants to repalce it with a **** sword and shield nerd game previously Ultima Online though
 heavy_smoker

Geschrieben 30. August 2012 - 23:39
Miss playing on MSN gaming zone too. Aw the good old days.
 [wB]PoLaR

Geschrieben 1. September 2012 - 01:07
I miss playing on a 56k! Just hearing them dial tones was epic!
 [Heavy]slvloker

Geschrieben 5. September 2012 - 18:25
[wB]PoLaR wrote:
I miss playing on a 56k! Just hearing them dial tones was epic!

How times change

alexhudson

Geschrieben 12. September 2012 - 08:05
1+.. good times always come to an end, sux
 Good

Geschrieben 8. Oktober 2012 - 15:39
well, the only thing i miss from msn gaming zone was the number of players....... too many people scared to play 1v1 in DM now.
 WeAreRand0m_

Geschrieben 13. Dezember 2012 - 03:51
zone days awww how we all miss the hardcore nonstop gaming with no wiat time could play 100games a day easy
 _MaTT_M0rgaN_

Geschrieben 23. Dezember 2012 - 08:30
When algae die and another server Voobly, insurance will say the same
 ['SpN]_ThORin_

Geschrieben 2. Januar 2013 - 18:41
SuNo_DeHun i remembed you in Zone.Com i will play aoc again this 2013
 Good

Geschrieben 30. Januar 2013 - 16:53
NSGames wrote:
You must login into Voobly to view image

You must login into Voobly to view image

some stuff i dig out to make you more nostalgic :)

Where did you find that? lol
 MindRoTT

Geschrieben 30. Januar 2013 - 20:23
Yes the zone was a much more friendly place to play. The way Voobly has the DM lobbiy set up, only makes people not want to play. Over the last 3 years, Many players have left the game due to the Smurfing and hostility in the DM lobby. There are only about 50 players who log in every day, and when they can't get games, the make new accounts just to be a bully. The fact voobly desn't make you verify e-mail accounts allows you to make a account with a fake email. IF you had to set up an e-mail and verify it, there wouldn't be player with 20 different accounts. What I have noticed is that the Mods here, really don't care, and only cater to certain rated players. It's suposed to be fun, and some of us have lives and can't spend 12 hours a day, perfecting a 15 year old game.
 [MaJoR]_Sinder

Geschrieben 30. Januar 2013 - 21:35
MindRoTT wrote:
Yes the zone was a much more friendly place to play. The way Voobly has the DM lobbiy set up, only makes people not want to play. Over the last 3 years, Many players have left the game due to the Smurfing and hostility in the DM lobby. There are only about 50 players who log in every day, and when they can't get games, the make new accounts just to be a bully. The fact voobly desn't make you verify e-mail accounts allows you to make a account with a fake email. IF you had to set up an e-mail and verify it, there wouldn't be player with 20 different accounts. What I have noticed is that the Mods here, really don't care, and only cater to certain rated players. It's suposed to be fun, and some of us have lives and can't spend 12 hours a day, perfecting a 15 year old game.

I don't remember MSN Zone being drastically different from the way Voobly is now. There was still hostility, still smurfs... there were still people that "bully". It's not the same any more. The reason there are only 50 players is because the game is like 12 years old and DM is not as favoured a game type as RM, which was kind of the whole basis Age of Empires The Conqs was built on.

DM is just an addon, lets face it. DM was never balanced properly and that means that in team games it's harder to win consistently, even if you are very good. If anything that brings about its own balance to the people that try to dominate. Okay, DM lobby doesn't have the best qualities but you are judging a very small corner of a once dominant and proud community. Minority is just bitter for the losses it has suffered.

FYI it doesn't take 12 hours a day to perfect this game... I don't play much these days and IMO the game is less about practise and more about understanding.

If you spent 1 hour next to an experienced player you would see that, same as in RM. Best RMers don't become 1700 overnight, takes long extended periods of inactivity.

I used to believe that tho, that practise made perfect, play everyday... if my mood is bad, I will be bad. It's all BS at the end of the day. Either you know how to win or you don't: it's that simple.

Off tracking a bit but really my 2cents is past was great and it will exist in our memories as great but MSN had its flaws too and Voobly do a GREAT job so don't knock them too much for trying to save a dead game that you still come to play, bullies or not.
 MindRoTT

Geschrieben 30. Januar 2013 - 21:52
I don't remember MSN Zone being drastically different from the way Voobly is now. There was still hostility, still smurfs... there were still people that "bully". It's not the same any more. The reason there are only 50 players is because the game is like 12 years old and DM is not as favoured a game type as RM, which was kind of the whole basis Age of Empires The Conqs was built on.

DM is just an addon, lets face it. DM was never balanced properly and that means that in team games it's harder to win consistently, even if you are very good. If anything that brings about its own balance to the people that try to dominate. Okay, DM lobby doesn't have the best qualities but you are judging a very small corner of a once dominant and proud community. Minority is just bitter for the losses it has suffered.

FYI it doesn't take 12 hours a day to perfect this game... I don't play much these days and IMO the game is less about practise and more about understanding.

If you spent 1 hour next to an experienced player you would see that, same as in RM. Best RMers don't become 1700 overnight, takes long extended periods of inactivity.

I used to believe that tho, that practise made perfect, play everyday... if my mood is bad, I will be bad. It's all BS at the end of the day. Either you know how to win or you don't: it's that simple.

Off tracking a bit but really my 2cents is past was great and it will exist in our memories as great but MSN had its flaws too and Voobly do a GREAT job so don't knock them too much for trying to save a dead game that you still come to play, bullies or not.
 MindRoTT

Geschrieben 30. Januar 2013 - 21:53
experenced players don't teach, they only want to improve their score.

[1]23
Zeigt an 1 - 15 de 36 Beiträge
Springe zu Forum:
1 User sind betrachten gerade diesen Eintrag (on den letzten 30 Minuten)
0 Mitgleider, 1 Gäste

What's popular right now: