TDII

Rambit

Geschrieben 12. August 2012 - 01:43
Might be a better thing for when we have the userpatch's 'mirror civs' feature.
Link | Antworten | Zitieren
 TDR_Addidas

Geschrieben 20. Mai 2013 - 21:45
guys, we're near of one year since TeamBonus have launched. Can we fix the byz problem plz?
 Rambit

Geschrieben 26. Mai 2013 - 22:03
What do you want it replaced with?
 BlackPearl_

Editiert 9. Juni 2013 - 19:38 von BlackPearl_
i have an idea about byz bonus which might be similar to byz current bonus in cost ,like we have all unique bonus in defence,wood,stone,range,speed,and forage ,we doesnt have any bonus in slinging.So my idea is to make byz as a complete slinging civ by making bonus as tirbute research costs half or more than half
 Rambit

Geschrieben 10. Juni 2013 - 00:58
Is there not a civ with that bonus already?
 BlackPearl_

Geschrieben 10. Juni 2013 - 08:00
No there isnt any civ which bonus reduces tributes to more or less
 Rambit

Geschrieben 27. Juni 2013 - 00:39
Okay so apparently this needs an update. What does everyone want changes?

What are the most and least used towers? a reprice should help freshen things up a bit.

Everyone seems to prefer the team bonus version, but what if it also had civ bonuses that weren't team bonuses - would that be better or is that fact the whole team is the same a good thing? Example: huns would get free large pavilions and the team will get free small pavilions.

I don't have time to test or play it so I will be relying on feedback for it all. If anyone is interested in working on it I am happy to help teach.
 [I3acI]SugarRush

Geschrieben 28. Juni 2013 - 20:35
I play it almost every day, the playerbase is slowly growing as new players start to join. The biggest problem right now is that some civs are just overpowered while others are plain useles.
Rapid towers, big towers, chokunu towers are surely the least used.

Right now theres usualy an early defender who builds some accursed towers, maybe combined with power towers and bbt ( very efficient against teams who try to rush foraging ). In mid the only useful tower is the axe tower as its the best against rams and most games are decided in last level... so theres no variety really.

Civs:

Aztecs: Ships carry more gold - I think this bonus is fine and useful
Brits: +10 Attack - For me personaly this one is a bit of a problem right now, the team with brits will just win in last level if teams are balanced and good, as theres not much room for any strategies
Byzantines: Well bonus is simply not working, but I guess if it worked it would be a nice teambonus.. just needs testing
Celts: In my opinion a little to strong compared to other bonuses, maybe slightly lower it or make it civ bonus only and give them a different teambonus.. like cheaper houses
Chinese: I think the bonus is that chokunu towers fire faster, which is useles because noone builds those towers... this is the only tower I've never tried myself but I guess theres a reason why noone builds it, might try it these days though.
Franks: Good bonus right now, as you can really spam power towers, they're good when you have A LOT of them
Goths: Handcarts 1 wood, I usualy build a few until I'm feudal but it's not much of a bonus.. making tradecarts cheaper would be a better option I think
Huns: free pavilions, good bonus saves a lot of wood .. doesn't look overpowered to me
Japanese: castle age towers half price, it's nice for some bbt but compared to other bonuses not very useful.. might be a good bonus if the other towers that are available in castle age were more useful
Koreans: Against with balanced/good teams it's a gamechanging bonus, as good teams always reach full attack power so the extra range makes the difference
Mayans: Dark age towers free... It's nice for some firetowers but quite useles bonus, as firetowers don't seem to be very effective later on.
Mongols: skydock units half price, good trade bonus... could be better though. Maybe make reduce build time of skydock units in general
Persians: Now this probably the most overpowered bonus of all, go fast castle and build only eles and you end up with at least twice as much gold as everyone else, maybe slightly reduce their movement speed from 2 times faster to 1,5 times faster
Saracens: market untis are built instantly, very good bonus one of the stronger bonuses but still I don't think its overpowered unless you've got a pers in your team too
Spanish: Good bonus, can win games but again not overpowered
Teutons: Again a very good bonus, one of 3 civs (pers, teut, turk) that really allow you to rush forage and try to win game before rams
Turks: It's fine in the current state of the game
Vikings: Good trade bonus, doesn't give you much of an advantage as ships are not the best tradeunits but it's alright

Suggestion:
Make the game more dynamic, give it more variety in strategy. Could archieve it by making foraging faster or reduce hp on bushes, thus making rushing more viable.

I also agree with you on the reprice part, might really freshen things up for a short while.

I could work on it based on feedback but I doubt I could do the job even half as good as you would :P
I'll try to bring more of the TTDII players on the forums so they can give some feedback too.
 Coat_of_Arms

Editiert 28. Juni 2013 - 20:58 von Coat_of_Arms
Elephant and Giant Trader have same Hotkey :S
Agree, Goths bonus should be changed.
 butterz

Geschrieben 28. Juni 2013 - 21:48
I play team td ii alot, so have a few suggestions ;
They may have been mentioned before but I'll say what I think anyway.

Persians - way too strong, I suggest there elephants move 1.5 speed instead of 2x speed - if the opposite team doesnt have turks the persia team nearly always wins.
Koreans - increase the stone mining bonus to match gold mining by turks, might make for interesting game play
Byzantines - Bonus isn't working

Also,

The only towers that are used are accursed, power, bombard and axe... I'd like to see the chinese bonus help the china towers better so they can be used, I like them but axe towers always prevail.

Maybe give a civ a bonus for rapid tower, and onager tower also as well as their econ bonus.
 BaB_LU

Editiert 28. Juni 2013 - 22:00 von BaB_LU
i dont see any towers other than axes annd bbts ,people never use rest of the towers :S ,need to work out on the same towers by making those towers a bit stronger or replacemnt of those with new towers.
well TDv29 was a good map with balanced eco and defensve civs ,,when we come to teambonus ,some of the civs are overpowered which cannot be taken down easily ,need a balance over there like persians.Persians bonus should be changed like its speed or amount of gold it carries

Mayans-free darakage towers which are quite useless,need to change this civ bonus
jap and china-no one use china bonus and but jap,bbts are worth while when u are rushed a good bonus ,but there arent any other good towers,so as this bonus can be useful
Byz-which need a replacement
the current problem is civs arent quite unbalanecd as the eco civs are pretty good which can be tackled only if the defense iss good ,so need to change only defensive civ bonus and pers bonus
 MMO_Executioner

Geschrieben 28. Juni 2013 - 23:31
Aztec boat trade is not worth it. Trade cog turn around time is around 04:14 sec when the cog cost 200 wood and brings back around 42 or so, I didnt check the gold it carries.
Trade cart turn around time is 07:12 sec the cart cost 100 wood and brings back 106 gold or so.
Only time Aztec is worth it is with Vikings ally.
Koreans tower range is not shared among allies.
Byzantines half price advance in age doesnt even work for byzantines.
Persian elephant traders bring back to much gold.
Turks mine to much gold.
Sars making trade instantly I think is to fast. Maybe making the carts come out twice or 3 times as fast would be more fair.

As far as koreans mining stone at the same rate as turks mine gold, I dont know that would fair as koreans already mine stone 2x or 3x faster.

Ill edit this as I look more closer at the map.
 Coat_of_Arms

Geschrieben 30. Juni 2013 - 11:59
Some bugs:
-Giant Trader and Trade Elephant have same hotkey
-You can still make demo ships/fire ships. And if you don't notice it/press wrong hotkey, you destroy sea trade.
-Turk mining bonus is 5x or 2x? People say it's 2x but in Tech Tree it's 5x
-Byzantine bonus doesn't work
-I tried only with Giant Trader, but I think it's the same with all units: you cant manually task him to market, only through market waypoint. If you task him somewhere else, you can't use him anymore.
 Rambit

Geschrieben 2. Juli 2013 - 02:04
Quote:
Right now theres usualy an early defender who builds some accursed towers, maybe combined with power towers and bbt ( very efficient against teams who try to rush foraging ). In mid the only useful tower is the axe tower as its the best against rams and most games are decided in last level... so theres no variety really
Ideally games would finish before rams most of the time, but I had trouble balancing it that way. I think rushing should be a viable option to win the game if the other team is too focused on eco.
Quote:
I could work on it based on feedback but I doubt I could do the job even half as good as you would :P
I'll try to bring more of the TTDII players on the forums so they can give some feedback too.
When I made that last post I was pretty busy and now i'm even busier so if you would like to take this on then I think you should. You seem to have the same opinion as me as to what needs to be done and where the map should be. I can help you with any technical stuff if you need it.
Quote:
I also agree with you on the reprice part, might really freshen things up for a short while.
I think it can be as simple as making the least used towers cheaper and most used towers more expensive and watching the results. Ideally all towers would have their purpose, but it just takes more testing than I had time for.
 [I3acI]SugarRush

Geschrieben 2. Juli 2013 - 14:58
Alright gonna try.. But only got some basic knowledge about mapcreating and no idea how to edit mods..
Do you use skype or msn ?

1234567891011121314151617[18]1920
Zeigt an 256 - 270 de 286 Beiträge
Springe zu Forum:
7 User sind betrachten gerade diesen Eintrag (on den letzten 30 Minuten)
0 Mitgleider, 7 Gäste